ADASS’ spring seminar is just around the corner and places are booking up fast! This is our annual opportunity to hear from key speakers, reflect on and discuss the key issues of our year and most importantly to meet and spend time with other ADASS members, hopefully return to work better informed and refreshed.
The programme is taking shape and we have structured it to include our key priorities.
Confirmed speakers include Margaret Willcox, new ADASS president, David Mowat, Under-Secretary of State for Social Care, Lord Justice Munby, President of the Family Division of the High Court of England and Wales, (whose judgements have shaped much safeguarding and mental capacity practice) together with:
- Tamara Finkelstein, Director General for Community Care, Department of Health
- Stephen Dorrell –Chair, NHS Confederation
- Barbara Keeley MP, Shadow Minister for Mental Health and Social Care
- Mark Lloyd, Chief Executive, Local Government Association
- Aileen Murphie, Director – DCLG & Local Government Value for Money, National Audit Office
- David Behan, Chief Executive, Care Quality Commission
- Alison Holt, BBC
- Paul Burstow PC FRSA
- Richard Humphries, Kingsfund
We have built in time for policy leads to meet with their networks, for regional chairs to meet and some optional leisure activities on one evening including the traditional tennis tournament (& running?)
We have also sent out press invitations. This is both an opportunity for journalists to understand the issues we are grappling with and for us to articulate our key messages. Please be assured that there will be clarity about not attributing what is said without agreement.
And finally, this year, we will be welcoming a number of new sponsors who we hope will contribute additional thinking through workshops and contribute to the sustainability of the organisation.
ADASS Chief Officer