Workshop will describe exciting models of care from Spain and brand new findings and outcomes of technology enabled care in Blackburn
- Spanish Model – Unique proactive ‘teleassistance’ model
- Large-scale public/private partnership, providing telecare monitoring and response, coordinated social care, public health and preventative services which has become an international reference site
- Including prevention in the delivery model has been a key contributor to the success of the teleassistance service. It has significantly reduced the number of emergency service escalations, improved the wellbeing of users and made effective use of public services.
- Blackburn with Darwen Council - Telecare as a critical tool for delivering savings and better outcomes
- How to deliver large scale technology enabled care services throughout the county, improve lives and achieve significant savings
- Chair: Linda Sanders, ADASS Telecare Lead and Strategic Director People Wolverhampton City Council