Welcome to the National Network for Chairs of Safeguarding Adults Boards (the National Network) Annual Report 2016-17. The National Network was established in 2009 to support the new roles of Independent Chairs of Safeguarding Adults Boards (SABs). In 2016 membership was extended to all Chairs of SABs. Since it was formed the membership has expanded considerably. There are currently 112 members chairing 117 SABs. This report brings together the work of the National Network over the past year.
- ABOUT THE NATIONAL NETWORK FOR CHAIRS OF SAFEGUARDING ADULTS BOARDS
The national network is a community of practice that aims to support and strengthen Chairs and Safeguarding Adults Board partnerships in order to improve their effectiveness in safeguarding adults and to influence and promote best practice for safeguarding adults nationally and locally through effective working. The purpose of the network is to coordinate and provide support to the Chairs of Safeguarding Adult Boards in order to:
- Support the implementation of Safeguarding Adults Boards (SABs) becoming statutory bodies under the Care Act 2014 in a coherent and consistent way;
- Share and disseminate knowledge and learning between Boards;
- Improve consistency of approaches to safeguarding and contribute to the raising of overall standards of adult safeguarding;
- Continue to develop a national voice and resource for consultations and advice on safeguarding matters; and
- Provide peer support and networking opportunities.
Attendance at National Network meetings is in excess of 30 Chairs with all regions are represented; detailed minutes are produced by a member and these contain links to documents tabled and referenced during the meeting. Feedback is arranged through regional networks and their meetings where they occur.
PLEASE SEE BELOW TO DOWNLOAD THE FULL ANNUAL REPORT FOR 2016-17