A new coalition of health organisations has been formed to support a long-term settlement for social care services in England. The coalition has been established to raise awareness of the perilous state of social care services, to demonstrate current levels of unmet need, and to work with government to make sure we can create a sustainable social care system.
The coalition has written to the Prime Minister, setting out some key principles and recommendations that they believe are critical to achieving a long-term settlement for social care.
They have also set-up a petition calling for social care to be given the funding it needs. To sign the petition, please click here.
The membership of this coalition is as follows:
- NHS Confederation
- NHS Providers
- NHS Clinical Commissioners
- Mental Health Network
- Richmond Group of Charities
- Royal College of General Practitioners
- National Association of Primary Care
- British Geriatrics Society
- Royal College of Physicians
- Patients Association
- Academy of Medical Royal Colleges
- National Voices
- Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospitals Association
For more information on Health for Care please follow the link below: