National End of Life Care Intelligence Network.
Whether you are commissioning or providing services, it is important to measure progress in delivering quality end of life care, demonstrate this in a systematic way and share best practice across a locality.
Meeting all these requirements in a user-friendly and flexible way was the inspiration for End of Life Care Quality Assessment (ELCQuA) - http://www.elcqua.nhs.uk .
ELCQuA is a local service improvement tool which enables social care users to:
- Electronically self-assess and track progress against the NICE Quality Standard for end of life care.
- Plan priorities for end of life care.
- Share good practice with other organisations.
- Enable the best investment decisions for patients.
- Gather the information needed to complete CQC and other assessments.
Key features of ELCQuA include:
- 42 measures across the 16 NICE quality statements plus a section on raising public awareness of death, dying and end of life care.
- Alignment of the measures, performance indicators and red/amber/green (RAG) levels of ambition for each NICE quality statement.
- A mix of patient outcomes and process/structure indicators.
- Specific measures identified for organisational groups (e.g. care homes, ambulance services, acute hospital trusts).
- Easy to navigate web pages and a facility to download reports.