The Care Quality Commission (CQC) have published further information on significant changes to how they regulate which will come into force next month, including:
- New ‘fundamental standards’, which come into force from 1st April.
- Information on how providers of health and social care services will be required to prominently display their ratings including on their website.
- Information on new requirements for providers on being open about mistakes when they happen (called the ‘duty of candour’) and on making sure directors and their equivalents are ‘fit and proper’.
- Publication of handbooks for dental surgeries, ambulances and independent healthcare providers explaining to them what we will be looking for during an inspection, in addition to updated handbooks for other sectors.
- Guidance on how CQC will monitor the financial sustainability of adult social care providers that would be ‘difficult to replace’.