Job Title: Communications and Media Assistant
Salary: £25,460 per annum (including London Weighting) Pro-rata.
Actual Salary £15,276 pa
Part-time: 0.6 FTE (3 days per week)
Location: Home Based and Westminster, 18 Smith Square, London
Contract duration: Fixed Term for 12 months
Responsible to: Communications, Events and Systems Lead
Possibility to become full-time (pending funding approval)
ADASS is the association of directors of adult social services in England. We are a charity and the association aims to further the interests of people in need of social care by promoting high standards of social care services and influencing the development of social care legislation and policy. The membership is drawn from serving directors of adult social care employed by local authorities. Associate members are past directors and our wider membership includes deputy and assistant directors. In 2019, membership was extended to principal social workers.
- Experience of communications in a variety of media and social media, and of responding at pace to internal and external communications;
- Experience in producing a high standard of written work for a variety of audiences including web postings, blogs, short articles and/or press releases, newsletters, emails, and social media written content;
- Experience in producing a high standard of marketing material, tailored to the needs of our audience and reflecting the overall ADASS messaging
- Experience in using email systems such as Mailchimp, as well as online survey development systems such as Survey Monkey, and project management software, such as Asana;
- Ability to learn quickly about how social work and social care works, and to be able to articulate the essential impact it has in enabling older, mentally ill, disabled people and their carers to lead good lives;
- Very good oral and written communications skills; an ability to write concisely and with sensitivity, and accurately summarise and convey complex information to a diverse audience;
- A real commitment to making a difference for people needing care and support and the people who work to provide that;
- Political sensitivity, with the ability to exercise discretion, judgment and observe confidentiality requirements when dealing with politicians and officers at every level, and to demonstrate political neutrality at all times.
ADASS has a positive approach to achieving a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
Please email Letizia Mattanza a copy of your most recent CV and a short article (no more than one A4 page; approx 5-600 words) on an Adult Social Care topic of your choice, that has recently made the news / caught your eye, styling it as you think ADASS would. Be mindful of language, messaging, and political neutrality: a good starting point is our News/Press Releases section of our website.
Please remember that there is no right or wrong, nor your coverage needs to be precise as if written by an expert of the sector. This is to test your writing skills and ability to grasp a basic understanding of our core messaging/style. If you have any queries, or you would like to discuss the role further, please email Letizia.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled or until the deadline of 23/09/2021 at 11:59 am.
Successful applicants will be invited to interviews, either in-person or virtual, on either Wednesday, 29/09/2021, or Thursday 30/09/2021.