The Association of Directors of Adults Social Services is a membership charity. Our members are current and former directors of adult care or social services and their senior staff, supported by a small but diverse and exceptionally high performing and committed staff team.
Our objectives include promoting public awareness of policy to support adults in need of care, support or safeguarding and the inclusion of older, disabled and mentally ill people in all aspects of society. You can learn more about who we are and what we do at www.adass.org.uk.
ADASS’ income is derived from government contracts, membership fees, events and support from commercial partners sympathetic to our charitable aims. We are seeking someone to help us
- Consolidate and develop our existing and partnership income and
- Identify and develop new revenue streams sympathetic with our values and charitable objectives
This is an invitation to submit your outline of how you might help us develop sympathetic and sustainable revenue. We are open to new ideas, activities and ways of working. We hope to get someone in place from April 2021 to allow some handover, and anticipate reviewing the work formally after 6 months.
The person or people we are looking for will need to demonstrate
- empathy for the organisation’s values and objectives
- an understanding of how to commercialise the assets of the organisation: i.e. its credibility, knowledge, experience and thought leadership
- an ability to engage with the staff and the membership
- a sound and self-supporting commercial approach
- a confidence in and willing to share knowledge of the potential of webinar and other communications technology and
- a willingness to take us in new directions such as trusts and foundations, fundraising or other routes while staying comfortably within our charitable status
Selection criteria will be based on the credibility of:
- The experience and knowledge of the person concerned
- The potential activity/ies
- The potential income and effort involved
- The coherence of the proposals with ADASS’ values and objectives
This is a reward-driven role, so much of your payment will depend on the value of the partnerships you secure, as well as how self-supporting you choose to be. We anticipate a remuneration package within the £50,000 to £80,000 range. You will be able to work flexibly alongside a brilliant, talented and committed team. There is a lot of scope to develop the role.
Responding to this invitation:
Please forward a copy of your latest CV with a covering letter of no more than two sides outlining your suitability for this role to Julie.email@example.com. Following this if appropriate we can meet with you to develop your proposal and a remuneration model further.